Jadau Copper Jewellery
Jadau copper jewellery is traditionally made using gold and precious stones but can also be made using copper. Jadau copper jewellery is a more affordable alternative to traditional gold jadau jewellery, while still featuring intricate designs and the use of precious stones.
The process of making jadau copper jewellery is similar to that of gold jadau jewellery. Copper is used as the base metal, and precious or semi-precious stones are embedded in the metal using a special technique. The metal is then filled with lac, which is a natural resin, to secure the stones in place. Finally, the jewellery is polished and often decorated with enamel work or other embellishments.
Jadau copper jewellery is popular in many parts of India, especially in Uttar Pradesh, Kolkata, and Rajasthan, where it is often worn by women on special occasions such as weddings and festivals. It is also gaining popularity in other parts of the world as a unique and affordable form of traditional jewellery.
Copper jewellery is believed to have several health benefits, in addition to its aesthetic appeal. Some of the benefits of wearing copper jewellery include:
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Copper is believed to have anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation in the body. This makes jadau copper jewellery a popular choice for people with arthritis or other inflammatory conditions.
- Improved circulation: Copper is also believed to improve blood circulation, which can help reduce pain and inflammation and promote healing.
- Anti-bacterial properties: Copper has natural anti-bacterial properties that can help reduce the risk of infection. This is why copper is often used in hospitals and other healthcare settings.
- Skin benefits: Copper is believed to have skin benefits as well, including reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and promoting the production of collagen.
- Spiritual and metaphysical benefits: Copper is also believed to have spiritual and metaphysical benefits, including enhancing intuition and promoting positive energy.
It is important to note that scientific evidence for these benefits is limited, and copper jewellery should not be used as a substitute for medical treatment. However, many people find wearing copper jewellery to be a helpful complement to their overall health and wellness routine.